jacksonrandyjj
注册用户
帖子: 6
注册时间: 2013年 9月 8日 23:03 星期天

ME region is not locked remove AC and DC

帖子 jacksonrandyjj » 2013年 9月 9日 15:28 星期一

Issue on Elitebook 2740p

Dear Elitebook users,

First of all, I wanted to remove BIOS password, so I followed steps from http://www.biosrepair.com/bios/hppass.htm. BIOS password was successfully removed, but then I got myself into trouble by unlocking VPRO descriptor.
What happened next is that an error message pops up automatically when the machine boots "ME region is not locked remove ac and dc of the system and boot again". At that moment, I was not able to enter Windows OS, BIOS menu neither. Then I unplugged the power cord and plugged back after few seconds. Before pressing the power button again, I was holding Windows key and 3 arrow keys (left, down and right) until this message shows up "Hard GPIO-33,To lock SPI, do global reset or remove AC & DC then boot after updating SPI.". Finally, I was able to enter the BIOS menu and Windows OS.

Unfortunately, "ME region is not locked remove AC and DC of the system and boot again" still appears on the screen when the machine boots after losing electricity.

I tried numerous methods such as using cpqtag, cpqamt & AMTOOLS, but the problem persists. When I used AMTOOLS from http://www.compit.se/?p=206. An error message came up "VPRO Configuration not supported (Write) Error level=7"

In short, this issue should be fixed once descriptor is locked.

I would be really appreciated if anyone can help me to solve this problem.

Regards

Jack

爱老虎油
注册用户
帖子: 278
注册时间: 2011年 6月 17日 21:31 星期五

Re: ME region is not locked remove AC and DC

帖子 爱老虎油 » 2013年 9月 9日 16:03 星期一

cpqtag is a manufacture and engineering tool which may have the amt setting capability but NOT be used as an official setting process during service event.
I suggest you boot up your 2740p again, with holding 'win key'+'left arrow key'+'right arrow key'
boot the computer into dos environment with NBDMIFIT tool, which can be downloaded from this topic in the forum.
then, run nbdmifit.bat command and follow the instruction to set all the information of the computer like S/N, P/N, etc.
I know from HP that this above process is used for offical service event, and believe you can have it working again.

Per my personal investigation, the nbdmifit.bat is actually calling some commands like "cpqamt.exe wirte lock" and "cpqamt.exe reboot" to finialize the status and make ME locked. you may also try use this command in dos directly insteading of above steps.

GOOD LUCK!

jacksonrandyjj
注册用户

帖子 jacksonrandyjj » 2013年 9月 9日 17:02 星期一

I tried your steps, but descriptor is still unlocked. I also called HP support center, they asked me to replace the system board... 太悲惨了 :032:

爱老虎油
注册用户

帖子 爱老虎油 » 2013年 9月 9日 17:44 星期一

2740p的bios芯片是装在一个插座上的, 取下来用编程器更新一下bios吧。
然后再用nbdmifit设置就可以了。

jacksonrandyjj
注册用户

帖子 jacksonrandyjj » 2013年 9月 9日 17:56 星期一

Okay, I tried cpqtag write VPRO reset, then it says "Warning Machine is not in committed state". Once again, I used AMTOOLS from compit.se, I got this message finally "Do you want to enable or disable AMT now [Y, N]?", I choosed disable AMT. Jeez, the screen states this again "VPRO Configuration not supported (Write) Error level=7".

Are you guessing that the issue can be solved by replacing a new BIOS?

jacksonrandyjj
注册用户

帖子 jacksonrandyjj » 2013年 9月 9日 18:29 星期一

Now, I just got rid of "ME region is not locked" message by executing "cpqtag write VPRO reset" & "cpqtag write VPRO reboot". AMTOOLS from compit.se won't solve the problem.

头像
MUDBOY
创始人
帖子: 3877
注册时间: 2010年 12月 28日 21:17 星期二

帖子 MUDBOY » 2013年 9月 9日 19:29 星期一

You can recover the BIOS if you have a programmer to flash the bios rom, liking the description in below link.

http://forum.hpfocus.com/viewtopic.php?p=10804#p10804

bios rom for the programmer flashing can be downloaded at below link,
68COU8.F04.zip
Here's the bios rom chip on 2760p, 2740p should have the same location.
IMG_175216.jpg
您没有权限查看这个主题的附件。
提倡分享之精神, 技术问题请在相关版面直接发帖, 站内短信恕不答复.
I don't answer private messages on topics of public interest, because it defeats the whole purpose of a message board.

jacksonrandyjj
注册用户

帖子 jacksonrandyjj » 2013年 9月 9日 22:50 星期一

I flashed latest BIOS rom from http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/Te ... b-114954-1 So I'm thinking it's better to buy a new BIOS from Ebay, for example http://www.ebay.com/itm/UNLOCK-HP-ELITE ... 27cf32d75f

爱老虎油
注册用户

帖子 爱老虎油 » 2013年 9月 9日 23:04 星期一

楼主何不严格按照7楼MUDBOY的方法试试呢, 2740p的bios芯片是可以重复利用的, 完全不需要另外购买.

jacksonrandyjj
注册用户

帖子 jacksonrandyjj » 2013年 9月 10日 00:24 星期二

I don't have a programmer,man. So I'm gonna send money anyhow...

回复